Wednesday, July 29, 2009

True Love

Today.....busy as ever. I took my three year old to the zoo. Wow! Was that fun. She had a couple of melt downs, said she couldn't walk another step! For those of you who don't know. My three year old is dramatic, stubborn, selfish, and very very entertaining.
We left the zoo and decided to eat at Chik-fil-A. She just so happened to bring her "purse" into the eatery. My wonderful, full of life, three year old, had put some fingernail polish in her "purse". So, in the middle of Chik-fil-a, she wants to paint my fingernails.
Number one, the fingernail polish is PURPLE, number two, a three year old wants to paint my nails, number three, we are in the middle of a place of business (food), and number four, (may come as a surprise) I am OCD. If you paint my nails, it has to be perfect. Everything in me wanted to tell her, let's wait til we get home, and "forget" to let her paint them. But.......I couldn't do that. The excitement in her eyes. I smiled, and gave her a hug, and told her.....sure paint mommy's nails. She smiled so big, she could have hit both sides of the restraunt.
The first finger, half-way painted, and all over my finger. I soooo wanted to get my other fingernail, on my other hand, and clean up the sides. But.....I didn't. She proceeded to finish the nail session, with everyone in the restraunt looking at me, and she felt so proud. I literally saw her chest stick out and in her mind, she was the greatest fingernail painter on the planet. Sacrifice. Man, was it hard to do. I was going crazy on the inside. I wanted to fix everything she had done.....but I stopped. Her feelings, worth, and confidence, was much more important than my OCD issues. My friends, I know you may not understand, but in my eyes, I was showing her LOVE. Forgetting myself...and placing her on a level I may have never seen if I said....maybe later.

Don't put off the important things. Step outside yourself and do something for someone else. Whether it be your family, or the strange guy in Walmart, with missing teeth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment