Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the only failure is never to try.....


I'm super excited tonight. I have been pushing through with my running schedule. Every time I finished running, I felt exhausted. I know I'm out of shape, but I used to run so much faster, and feel so great after a run. Until tonight......I was running, and feeling that same barrier. I decided to give, Beth, a pep talk. "Beth. You are a runner. You love running. Your body can handle the extra push. Push yourself."

All the right songs came on my iPod, giving me the extra push (Lose Yourself, Eye of the Tiger, etc.) Before I knew it, I felt the runner take over. I sped up and corrected my posture. The fighter was back. I had the best time and felt the old feeling of accomplishment. The marathon is in 27 weeks. My goal is to finish. This feels amazing......


"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

26.2 miles. Finishing what I started. Proving people (including myself) wrong. Shedding the former image of myself. Bring it. and the cake. :)

1 comment:

  1. If you somehow managed to meet our objectives LunaTrim with this probability, you would basically be doing that beforehand with some technique.
    https://bit.ly/2GIgon0

    ReplyDelete